Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Watercolor Landscape

Purpose:
To use and demonstrate what you learned from the watercolor exercises you did in class to create your own landscape painting.



















In this painting, I used a few different techniques. For the sky and some parts of the mountains I used a sponge to create clouds and shadows, while I used white crayon to create the look of snow in the mountains. I also used wet on wet and plastic wrap to blend values and colors. My techniques weren't executed very well and didn't turn out like I had intended them to. Besides the fact that I didn't quite finish my painting, I scrambled to add patterns using the sponge on the mountains that ultimately made for confusing shapes that are out of place. The saran wrap worked well in some places, but in others it didn't show up very well. Wet on wet was somewhat effective, but in some places created a greenish value that I didn't aim to create. All in all, I learned that planning my painting out would have helped me a great deal and that a less complex landscape could have produced a better painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment