Thursday, June 5, 2014

Watercolor Exercises and Techniques

Purpose:
To experiment with a variety of watercolor techniques;
To make connections between experimenting with watercolor techniques learned to creating your own landscape watercolor.

With the large watercolor study I experimented with techniques, attempting to create patterns that I later learned about in the watercolor book. I had relative success in some areas but in others I definitely needed some guidance in terms of how to execute certain techniques. While completing my watercolor technique book and large watercolor study I learned of several different techniques for altering watercolors and adding effects using outside factors. For example, I used a sponge to create cloud-looking patterns with blue paint. I also learned about mixing of colors and how blending paints when they are wet creates a much different effect than blending dry paints. I think that my collective knowledge of watercolor techniques will guide me in my final watercolor painting and help me to create varying patterns and textures in my painting.





























No comments:

Post a Comment