Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lino Prints

Purpose:

  • To become familiar with basic printmaking history, processes, and artists
  • To make connections between the Expressionist Art Movement and artists who worked in that style, including artists from our past and present;
  • To respond visually to artists who work(ed) in the style of the Expressionist Art Movement, by creating a work of art in this style.
  • To print 2 editions of 2 different drawings/designs, demonstrating understanding of the printmaking process.






















During this project I had trouble initially with cutting out my first print because I had too much going on and it the design got too complex. None of the prints from my first design came out well, due to too much or too little ink being applied to the linoleum. With my second design, I made sure that it wasn’t too complex and I paid closer attention to the amount of ink that I applied before each print. My second round of prints came out much better than the first round. I’m most proud of the second design that I created for my prints. My first design didn’t function well for printing, so I took note of what went wrong and tried to fix those things in the next design. I thought that the second design used positive and negative space well and it was easy to tell what the subject was. This design could’ve produced some very good prints except for the fact that I don’t print well, so even though I was proud of the design, I wasn’t as proud of the prints that it produced.








No comments:

Post a Comment