Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Realistic Self Portrait

Before














After


In the feedback it was mentioned that my head was a bit wide, and when I looked at the shape more closely I could definitely tell that I had drawn it too circular and that it needed to be modified. I brought the sides of my head in just a little and it made a huge difference in terms of capturing a likeness. I also got feedback to make my upper lip have a slightly smaller curve, so I flattened out the middle part and it seemed more like my lip when I looked closely. One more thing that I received feedback for was my bottom eyelid. The feedback said to make it a little skinnier and with a slightly smaller curve so I erased the bottom eyelid and draw it with a sharper pencil, but I kept the curve of the eyelid pretty much the same.


In my pre-instructional self-portrait I notice that I drew what I thought was the shape of my nose instead of just drawing the visible lines that define my nose. There is also a large gap between my nose and my mouth, probably because I didn’t draw the nose long enough. By doing the project I learned much more about proportions than I already knew and acquired the skills to draw a face accurately. On the pre-instructional drawing the shape of my eyes isn’t very accurate, I didn’t quite get the curves right and they are a little crooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment